Sunday, August 21, 2005

It's all so far away


I took a ride out into the country last night, to the fairgrounds. I had a ball watching kids jumping frogs. I was struck with the understanding that, for many of us, politics and world affairs are so far away.

I could never understand how people could care so little, or be so willing to be (mis)led. Right up until the moment I was watching kids and their frogs. Walking through the fairgrounds on a beautiful summer evening, the big picture was obscured by lifes' simple pleasures.

My point? I suppose I don't have one, sorry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous wolfmoosepigchicken said...

I'm so confused.

10:18 PM  
Blogger evil eggplant said...

I'm always confused. It's what I do.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Zoffa said...

his point was that the kids jumping frogs was a symbolic act of men jumping over women. does it all make sense now? :-P

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home