Friday, August 05, 2005

Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry..

(Salon)

A new AP-Ipsos poll puts George W. Bush's approval rating at its lowest point yet.

Only 42 percent of the public approve of the president's job performance; 55 percent don't. The same poll shows that, by a 50-48 percent margin, Americans now believe that their president is dishonest. Only 38 percent of them approve of the way in which he's handling the war in Iraq.
As bad as those numbers are, it's important to keep them in perspective. Things could be worse. Iraq could be, say, Plamegate. According to the latest CBS News poll, 77 percent of the American public believe that the Bush administration is either lying or hiding something about the outing of Valerie Plame. Only 12 percent say the White House is telling "the entire truth."

9 Comments:

Anonymous wolfmoosepigchicken said...

77% is HUGE! Whatever will happen when this wave finally breaks....

10:32 AM  
Anonymous caspixel said...

I don't think the Bush administration cares. Period. They are so disconnected from reality that they probably think 23% is a mandate.

I'm wondering what will happen in 2008. I'm expecting a coup d'etat, in which Bush seizes power and becomes the dictator he longs to be.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous wolfmoosepigchicken said...

I bet he wishes he could march out all the dissidents and shoot them like Sadam Hussein.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous caspixel said...

...and to go even further with his torture techniques. I bet he longs to implement some of the more severe punishments that Saddam and others used/are using.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Hunt said...

I would rather have Bush as a dictator, than have Kerry as my gay president.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous caspixel said...

Kerry is gay?

6:11 AM  
Blogger evil eggplant said...

"I would rather have Bush as a dictator, than have Kerry as my gay president."

And that has always been my point. That these assholes forgive bush for Iraq because the domestic agenda of the neocons is what's important to them.

Bush is a "mans man" and Kerry is gay?

What a fucking retard.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Zoffa said...

Here's what I don't get: the sneering "Kerry is gay while Bush is a MAN" retort. so, even if we (ridiculously) agreed that that was true...we have a "man's man" that lies to the public, hell, the world and gets our soldiers killed and puts our debt into the stratosphere ... or a guy that might like dudes. Well, OBVIOUSLY if he likes dudes he's not fit to be president! Someone please put a jackhammer to my head.

11:07 AM  
Blogger evil eggplant said...

I have always said that the repugs forgive bush Iraq because they buy in to the overall neocon agenda.

It's OK to murder thousands of Americans and Iraqis. That doesn't matter. Just so long as little Johnny can say his prayers in school.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home